Community Outreach Freiwilliger (Community Outreach Assistant and Academic Tutor in Comedor Infantil ) aus Jun 27, 2020 - 1 Stelle für 13 Monate in NPH Honduras.
- 21 years or older
- Fluent in English and proficient in spoken Spanish/or Creole (for Haiti)
- Experience traveling independently in Central America
- Willing to travel inexpensively, using public transport and staying in rural communities.
- Good knowledge of the country is desired, but not essential
- Experience in Outreach Services; Degree in Psychology or Social work desired
- Flexibility and creativity
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
The main task of the Community Outreach Coordinator is to manage and work directly with our community outreach programs and the communities surrounding NPH. In some of our homes, we manage community programs such as:
- Community dining hall
- Women’s empowerment groups in nearby communities
- Transitional homes
- Elderly homes
- Organizing medical brigades
- Scholarship programs
This volunteer position involves traveling extensively throughout the country. This volunteer will spend time in rural areas informing the community about NPH and working directly with our outreach programs. The person in this role will establish contact with medical centers, churches, community groups and local government officials throughout the country.
The volunteer in this role must be flexible and willing to work and travel long hours. This person will need to work collaborative with NPH staff as well as our staff and community partners. High level of Spanish language is required.
Each volunteer chooses an hogar (group of children of the same age living together) at the beginning of their year. Each home’s Volunteer Coordinator will communicate the expectations for hogar time. Usually, it is six days a week, 6 to 8 p.m., but this might vary per home. This has been described as the most fulfilling part of volunteering, the bond and relationships formed with their hogar of children.
Volunteers have every other weekend off, as well as up to 22 days of vacation time after four months of service. Vacation must be arranged according to the specific home’s policies.
All NPH volunteers receive room and board, access to medical care and a monthly stipend. Volunteers pay for their transportation to and from the home and medical insurance. Volunteers must serve for at least one year.
For more information, please write to our International Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected].